YOUTH WORSHIP, STUDY & FELLOWSHIP
THE LATEST NEWS:
- Sunday Morning Schedule: Contemporary Worship is at 9:00am, Youth Sunday School at 10:00am in the Youth Room, Traditional Worship at 11:00am.
- Sunday Afternoon Schedule: UMYF is from 5-7pm and includes snacks.
- The weekly information about current Youth Ministry events are now on a NEW WEEKEND UPDATE page on this website (Click the WEEKEND UPDATE here or go to the tab at the top of each page).
YOUTH SUNDAY SCHOOL 10:00am in the Youth Room
Youth Sunday School is a time for fellowship, prayer requests and Bible study usually through video series from 10-10:50am Sunday mornings. Snacks and drinks are provided, and sometimes even donuts! We are currently watching videos from the Bible Project. We will watch & discuss a 4-session series by Francis Chan in January 2021. GO HERE to read about what we are doing this week.
UMYF (United Methodist Youth Fellowship) 5:00-7:00pm Sundays
Students meet on Sunday evenings for snacks, fellowship, and times of connection. We rotate monthly through the following types of gatherings: Game Nights, Bible Study Nights, Mission Nights, Small Group Nights, Worship Nights, and Outings Nights. We have about 40 individual students who attend throughout the month and average about 20 students each night. GO HERE to read about what we are doing this week!
YOUTH PRAISE TEAM 3:30-5:00pm Sundays
Sunday Drive is the student praise team ministry of Amite FUMC. We are currently taking a short break during the holiday season, but will resume in the new year. We practice on Sunday afternoons from 3:30-5pm. If you'd like to join our group, consider coming to our organizational meeting with a parent on January 10th, 2021 at 3:30pm. You don't have to be an expert or extremely talented - we spend time working on our skills to improve and grow as worship leaders and student leaders in the Youth Ministry. All types of team members are welcome: Guitars, Drums, Bass, Keys, Vocals, Media, Sound, Video.
UPCOMING BIG EVENTS:
January 31st: Summer Mission Mandatory Meeting for sign ups, deposits, and information!
YOUTH ONLINE DEVOTIONS
In January we will do 5 different weekly devotionals on the topic of Extraordinary Courage.
- Jan. 4th - “One Word that will Change your Life,” https://bible.com/p/35560680/8380ebee674fbe8a4eae3048235c33e1
- Jan. 11th - “Sadie Robertson: Live Fearless,” https://bible.com/p/35560729/7f21c11078ce393cfa9234ff07c6d0f9
- Jan. 18th - “Colton Dixon: Anchor,” https://bible.com/p/35560762/afb597fde02cf8a28c165182cf2dcb9f
- Jan. 25th - “Moriah Peters: BRAVE,” https://bible.com/p/35560789/4ef627d1c067c2a28be8330182fcf635
- Feb. 1st - “Chase the Lion,” https://bible.com/p/35560825/7c967838f5ef047646ef02d7c734fe46
SUMMER MISSION UPDATE: Mandatory meeting January 31, 2021 at 5pm for Parents and Youth who plan to attend the Summer Mission "Grace" at St. Simon's Island, GA July 10-16, 2021. In the new year, we will begin taking attendance for our requirements for the mission (once a month/6 times before June).
If you are a new Student, please fill out the following Student Information Form:
Parents are asked to fill out a medical waiver as well as other permission forms. These are all included in the following Parent Packet. Please download and fill out if your student is participating on a regular basis.